I have some very special espadrille kits in the shop but only for a short time! The fabulously colorful and lusciously vibrant Jennie Lennick of Jenny Lemons and I have formed a very special collaboration to include the excess fabric from her own screen printing in limited edition espadrille kits. It’s been a long time coming but I can finally offer Jenny Lemons Espadrille Kits in three fabulous prints! Wahoo!
Jenny and I connected at Craftcation and hatched a plan to try out espadrille kits with the scrap fabric from her cutting room floor. Just such a perfect partnership. She sent me a box of her beautiful fabric this summer right around the time I ran out of shoe soles. Doh! So, it’s especially sweet to now be able to offer these special kits in three very special varieties. When they are gone they are gone so be sure to grab your kit soon!
If you follow Jenny Lemons (which you should!) you probably recognize all of these styles: black linen eyes, natural linen eyes and stitches in navy.
I made myself a pair of patchwork shoes in the navy stitches and am absolutely in love with them!
They truly are my favorite pair (right now. I really fall deeply in love with each new pair I create).
Each of the kits include enough scrap fabric that you don’t need to do patchwork; I just wanted a pair with visible patch stitches. I also used the cotton twill tape I tie the fabric with to create a back heel tab as is pictured up above. So cute! Keep an eye on the blog because I’m planning a post soon that will show how I did the patchwork.
A few notes about these kits:
- These kits are completely limited edition. Once these are gone they are gone! I expect them to go fast so order early. We might collaborate again but I don’t know for sure so nab ’em now!
- Order by the 18th of December to be sure and have them in time for the December holidays
- All the fabric is linen so it will require the use of the medium weight fabric included in the kit
- Lining fabrics will vary by kit and may not be the lining fabric pictured.
- Black eye fabric will include black stitching yarn (as is pictured) unless you request the classic bone color
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!