Yes! It’s possible to make your own shoes! Find everything you need to sew up a pair of espadrilles with THE ESPADRILLES KIT and become a DIY queen from head to toe. These beautiful, gift-worthy kits are available in my ETSY SHOP.
Here is how it works:
- Choose the kit that works for you! If you want the whole kit and caboodle with your choice of beautiful fabric, grab a STARTER KIT. In it you will find your jute and rubber shoe soles, the perfect linen-cotton blend fabric, organic lining fabric, interfacing, my own instruction booklet, my exclusive shoe pattern and all the tools & threads needed to create espadrilles.
- If you already have a stash of lightweight canvas or linen-cotton fabric that you know will make perfect espadrilles, (at least a 1/3 yard is needed of both an outside and a lining fabric) grab an I GOT IT kit. This kit has everything listed above except for fabrics. As of 2020, it also include an exclusive coupon for 50% off the fabric you need to make espadrilles in the Spoonflower marketplace. This makes the I GOT IT kit the perfect kit for creating totally unique shoes.
- Other specialty kits are also available including THE RENEWAL KIT. This kit is specifically designed for folks who already have the pattern, booklet, needles, wax and other accoutrements but want to make a second pair of shoes. It includes the shoe sole, more interfacing and the espadrille yarn so you can make more shoes quickly!
- Measure your foot from toe to heel and compare it to the size charts.
After that, all you need is a sewing machine and a bit of sewing time; everything else comes in the kit ready to go!
Keep an eye out for special kits from my monthly ARTIST SERIES, in which I feature shoes made by a different artist each month. Let them show you how to make surprising and fabulous shoes such as hand-stitched watercolor shoes, punch needle slippers, woven shoes, leather sandals and more!
Most of the kits come with an instruction booklet but just in case you want some extra help (or if you are a visual learner like me!), follow along with the full-photo blog series for a step by step of how to create stunning espadrilles.
Want to make shoes in-person? Come join one of my classes!
COME CREATE WITH ME!
- MARCH 22 & 22, STITCH SEW SHOP, Alexandria, VA
- APRIL 15-19 CRAFTCATION Conference , Ventura, CA
Interested in learning more? Check out this post for basic information, here for information about eco-sustainability of the kit components and this post about the kids kits! Email me at ahappystitch[at]gmail[dot]com anytime!