well, the new shoes are lined up by the door; the sharpened pencils are waiting patently for the furious scribbles to follow; and backyard ART camp is nearly over. we are, however, squeezing in one more amazing project before the whimsy and curiosity of summer-living are crowded out with the serious facts and figures that dominate school-days. the final project comes from the super funny and talented Tara at girl like the sea.
one of Tara‘s many gifts is great taste. her backyard ART camp project only proves the point. she picked the amazing and inspiring Charley Harper for her project and used his art to build a fantastic and beautifully simple bird project. Charley Harper already connects so well with kids and the supplies needed for this project are the simple and on-hand kind. this one is sure to be a hit. be sure to check it out here.
Tara is another one of the lovely women I discovered through Kids Clothes Week (otherwise known as the Uniter of all Crafters ‘specially the crazy ones). she is hyper-talented and sews amazing and imaginative clothes for her daughters. if you haven’t already seen her great cape tee tutorial, it is not to be missed!
Tara lives in Virginia and carries with her a serious love of making things as well as a great sense of humor and honesty about the whole parenting ride. she does make time to create with her kids but, at the same time, she isn’t afraid to get real about how it goes down. (we all know that story, sometimes good and sometimes not-so-good.)
essentially, she is a woman after my own heart. plus, she just had a baby. I mean like really recently had a baby. (a boy, his name is Hawthorne! so cute!) my point is this, when she speaks; we all better listen! the fact that she made time to pull together an awesome backyard ART camp project is really saying something! Jane and I are both thrilled to have Tara join us and closeout an extraordinary summer of projects.
be sure to check in next week for our wrap-up of all things backyard ART camp! there has been so much amazing art activity. here is a list of all the other projects:
- found object art-inspired canvases adorned with the treasures gathered on nature walks with me
- picture and art books to spark inspiration and conversation
- pointillism-inspired paintings with something other than a paint brush with Jane.
- christo-inspired backyard decorations with fabric scraps with crafting connections
- kiddie kandinsky art with my life at playtime
- henri rousseau-inspired mixed media installation from the crafty kitty
- Graphite and Collage Figure Art inspired by Lisa Congdon and Jaime Zollars with Miranda of Miranda Makes
- andy goldsworthy-inspired rock sculptures with dawn from simple things notebook
- river rock decorating with a Geninne Zlatkis-inspired project from Stephinie at Gypsy Forest
- Colorful mosaics inspired by the architectural works of Antoni Gaudi with Courtney of Mon Petit Lyons
- wonderfully messy Jackson Pollack-inspired art with Carla from small + friendly
- jennet from feathered nest studio
have you been creating with your kids? inspired by BAC? don’t forget to share with us on flickr, we love to see what you’ve been making! it really truly makes us feel great.
use the hashtag #backyardartcamp if you share elsewhere, too. be sure to follow our Pinterest board where we are gathering all the projects in one place.
happy art making! see you next monday for a full wrap-up!
Leave a Reply