welcome to our final week of Backyard ART Camp. yes, you read that correctly, the last week, it’s a little sad isn’t i?. there are only two more projects to go!
Jane and I hope that you have been enjoying these creative weeks of summer as much as we have. the boys and I are on vacation right now (gotta love my team of robots for posting this for me. good work robots!). I did, however, pack us a hug bag of supplies so we could undertake as many Backyard ART Camp projects as possible. I can’t wait to share our results with you!
are you making too? do share with us, we want to see! use the hashtag
#backyardartcamp if you share anywhere other than flickr. Be sure to follow our Pinterest board where we are gathering all the projects in one place.
but now, let’s get to today’s project…Mark Rothko inspired fabric art from Jennet, of Feathered Nest Studio.
doesn’t it look stunning!? Jennet is one of those people that is always inspiring; she makes me want to do more crafting with the kids, to focus, to make and to share. she has a great big heart.
she shares so many beautiful and simple craft and art projects to do with kids on her blog.
such as her watercolor bird mobiles, stained glass paper birds, watercolor painted wooden birds, and upcycled cardboard kitties.
recently, Jennet started her own art series on her blog, Art School, in which she
showcases different art projects, mediums, and techniques. she’s already done several beautiful projects and I am sure there will be many more to come.
Aside from kid creating she is also does beautiful embroidery and has some of her works on display in her own art show.
Jennet, is a graphic designer, with her own spoonflower designs, and an etsy shop where she sells super cute stuffies. you are sure to swoon over all of it.
thank you so much Jennet for joining us today. head on over to see her Rothko art project, it’s a beautiful project filled with a variety of fun steps for children to learn, explore and create.
want to see what everyone has been making so far this summer? it’s quite an inspired list:
- found object art-inspired canvases decorated with nature walk treasures with me
- picture and art books to get the creativity flowing
- pointillism inspired paintings with something other than a paint brush with Buzzmills.
- christo-inspired backyard decorations with fabric scraps with crafting connections
- kiddie kandinsky art with my life at playtime
- henri rousseau-inspired mixed media installation from the crafty kitty
- Graphite and Collage Figure Art inspired by Lisa Congdon and Jaime Zollars with the talented Miranda of Miranda Makes
- andy goldsworthy-inspired rock sculptures with dawn from simple things notebook
- gathered river rocks to create Geninne Zlatkis inspired hand drawn rocks with Stephinie from Gypsy Forest
- made mosaics inspired by the architectural works of Antoni Gaudi with Courtney of Mon Petit Lyons
- wonderfully messy Jackson Pollack-inspired art with Carla from small + friendly
- yummy dessert art inspired by Wayne Thiebaud with Sanae from Sanae Ishida
be sure to check in on wednesday for our final installment of Backyard ART Camp projects with tara from girl like the sea.
Leave a Reply