happy monday! and welcome back to backyard art camp!
we are entering the fourth week of camp! there have been so many creative and inspiring projects! have you been playing along with your kids? Don’t forget to show us!
today, to start off our week, we’ve got the amazingly talented Miranda of Miranda Makes with her Graphite and Collage Figure Art inspired by Lisa Congdon and Jaime Zollars! I really love how each blogger involved in backyard art camp has created such stunning and exciting projects.
this project is no different, it is really wonderful. I am so impressed by the beauty of these pieces of art! Miranda explains her inspiration this way:
“I love how both artists have found a way to integrate graphic elements through the use of collage into their delicate pencil drawings. I knew the kids would enjoy this technique, and the fact that they are familiar with the work of these ladies because we own children’s books illustrated by both was an added
Miranda is an artist herself. she makes the most beautiful home portraits which have been featured in many places including Apartment Therapy, Design Mom & Daily Candy and sells them in her House Love Shop.
She also has a few adorable free printables that she shares on her blog that are definitely worth checking out, especially this one.
In addition to her own art she also hosts a family sketchbook series on her blog in which it is clear that her whole family shares her artistic talent!
there is always a lot of artwork sharing on her blog from wet on wet painting to simple watercolors . Miranda is creative in so many ways, including handstitching with kids, and stitching of her own with beautiful bird watching bag and even fairy wands.
I am so happy to have Miranda join us today and to have her share her Graphite and Collage Figure art as her Backyard ART Camp project! such an unique and exciting project. I’m so honored and excited to have you joining us Miranda!
don’t forget to check in on our Pinterest board because backyard art camp is really stacking up some amazing projects. so far, we have:
- found an artful use for nature walk treasures with me
- perused picture and art books to get the creativity flowing
- enjoyed painting with something other than a paint brush with buzzmills.
- decorated the backyard with fabric scraps along with crafting connections
- and pulled off some kiddie kandinsky art with my life at playtime
- and the crafty kitty built a spectacular mixed media installation project
still to come are projects from:
- dawn suzette from simple things notebook
- stephinie from gypsy forest
- courtney from mon petit lyons
- carla from small + friendly
- sanae from sanae ishdia
- jennet from feathered nest studio
- tara from girl like the sea
Leave a Reply