welcome today to week SIX of Backyard ART Camp!
what an amazingly creative summer it has been so far! right? each week Jane and I are so impressed by the beauty of each blogger’s Backyard ART Camp projects and feel more and more inspired.
to kickoff week six, we welcome the lovely and amazing Carla of small + friendly. Carla is sharing a very fun (and a little bit messy) Jackson Pollack inspired project that I am sure your kids are going to love to try. and, you won’t mind the mess either! promise. check it out over here.
Carla is one of those bubbly and effervescent personalities that is always wonderful to stumble upon in the world of blogs. she is a self described modern homemaker, and indeed lives up to the title. She sews up super stylish duds for her little boy…
she knows how to knit, which is something that makes me and Jane both super jealous! she’s got so many cute, clever and creative tutorials on her blog including super adorable chick lacing cards (with pics of her own baby chicks!) and a no sew crayon wrap…
speaking of chicks…this past spring she released her first pattern! called ball buddies, they come as either a bunny or a chick and are so cute! when she’s not sewing you can find her in the kitchen whipping up some yummy food, like homemade bread or likely, with the late summer season, a few zucchini recipes!
Carla is also a genius at transforming kid friendly art projects featuring her sons artwork into stunning gifts to give. these include heart mother’s day cards, toddler art dishware, and toddler art tees. amazing, aren’t they? be sure to peek in on the fantastic crafting space she created for her son Jude, it’s no wonder all of the fun stuff that he has created!
we are thrilled to have Carla share her Backyard ART Camp project with us today, stop by to check it out!
have you been creating with your kids too? don’t forget to share with us,
we love to see what you’ve been making! use the hashtag #backyardartcamp if you share elsewhere, too. be sure to follow our Pinterest board where we are gathering all the projects in one place.
want to see what everyone has been making so far this summer? it’s quite a delightful list:
- found object art-inspired canvases decorated with nature walk treasures with me
- picture and art books to get the creativity flowing
- pointillism inspired paintings with something other than a paint brush with Jane at Buzzmills.
- christo-inspired backyard decorations with fabric scraps with crafting connections
- kiddie kandinsky art with my life at playtime
- henri rousseau-inspired mixed media installation from the crafty kitty
- Graphite and Collage Figure Art inspired by Lisa Congdon and Jaime Zollars with the talented Miranda of Miranda Makes
- andy goldsworthy-inspired rock sculptures with dawn from simple things notebook
- river rock decorating with a Geninne Zlatkis inspired project from Stephinie at Gypsy Forest
- we made mosaics inspired by the architectural works of Antoni Gaudi with Courtney of Mon Petit Lyons
stay tuned! still to come are projects from these fantastic bloggers. (yes, indeed, there is still more summer left!):