hello again! today brings our second backyard ART camp project of the week. and it’s a delight!
We are joined, today, by Courtney of Mon Petit Lyons, she and her boys are making mosaics inspired by the architectural works of Antoni Gaudi. be sure to check it out.
Courtney first caught my eye during one of the Kids Clothes Week challenges where she made awesome things for her boys! Courtney is one of those multi-talented crafters who can whip up stylish and adorable clothes for her big boys, and her little baby boy, fabric baskets, bags and even amazing quilts. even a quilt made of Japanese handkerchiefs!
aside from all of that, she is also such an amazing hands-on mama. she’s been holding mama pajama school for her boys over the summer and recently started a World tour where they explore different parts of the world through food, art, books and more. it looks like a wonderful way to teach kids about new places. she’s also filled with loads of fun art ideas to do with her boys.
thank you so much for joining us today Courtney! be sure to stop by to see her mosaic Backyard ART Camp project, it’s so bright and cheerful!
Have you been creating at home too? Don’t forget to share with us, we love to see the inspiration keep moving forward! Use the hashtag #backyardartcamp if you share elsewhere, too. Don’t forget to follow along with us on our Pinterest board where we are gathering all the projects in one place.
Here is everything we have done already, it’s quite an inspiring list:
- found object art-inspired canvases decorated with nature walk treasures with a happy stitch
- picture and art books to get the creativity flowing
- pointillism inspired paintings with something other than a paint brush with me.
- christo-inspired backyard decorations with fabric scraps with crafting connections
- kiddie kandinsky art with my life at playtime
- henri rousseau-inspired mixed media installation from the crafty kitty
- Graphite and Collage Figure Art inspired by Lisa Congdon and Jaime Zollars with the talented Miranda of Miranda Makes
- andy goldsworthy-inspired rock sculptures with dawn from simple things notebook
- gathered river rocks to create Geninne Zlatkis inspired hand drawn rocks with Stephinie from Gypsy Forest
stay tuned! still to come are projects from these fantastic bloggers. (yes, indeed, there is still more summer left!):
- carla from small + friendly
- sanae from sanae ishdia
- jennet from feathered nest studio
- tara from girl like the sea
Thank you for the sweet introduction!
Courtney! Thank you for being such a great part of Backyard ART Camp!