mother’s day is coming up! you’ve got your sights on some nice looking flowers and have planned a special family adventure but do you need a little help getting a nice gift for a sewing-obsessed mama?
it’s hard to buy for a sewer. fabric preferences are so specific and you never know what the next big thing might be…one week it is elastic thread, the next it is bias tape. it’s baffling. well, no worries. here are a few last-minute ideas:
1) a gift card to Hawthorne Threads. this online shop has got the most luscious and indulgent fabrics out there and they email gift cards so you can order it and receive it on the same day.
2) slip a little note into her card and send her off (without any kids) for a morning of fabric shopping with friends followed by a relaxed lunch. if you live near me, you could consider suggesting rock, paper, scissors or purl soho.
3) want to really knock some socks off? splurge on a gift card to spoonflower. spoonflower is more than a fabric shop (though it does sell truly one-of-a-kind artist-designed fabric in a variety of fabrics) but it also offers anyone the opportunity to design and upload their own fabric design…and then have it printed!
4) make her summer and send her off to the heather ross sewing workshop in the wilds of Vermont. it is a one-of-a-kind weekend of sewing, eating, and learning from the leading sewists out there.
5) and don’t forget you can always purchase *a happy stitch* gift cards for classes or sewing salons just send me an email (ahappystitch[at]gmail[dot]com)