oh yes, I am still chugging along with the summer sewing project (to sew my summer wardrobe). I have actually cheated a little bit but more on that in a future post.
for now, I’m proud to present *the linen bib shirt*. I drafted the pattern for this top myself…based mostly off an existing top in my closet. I’d love to say that was a seamless process but it wasn’t. there may have been even a small amount of swearing when my first pattern draft needed a good deal of tweaking. such is as it is. but, overall I am pleased with how the top turned out. I’m especially fond of how the linen fabric accentuates the gathering in the front.
it is made from a lovely charcoal linen I got at (gasp) Joann. I was surprised to find such a nice linen there but I guess that is a good reminder to stay open to surprises. the arm straps are thin double fold bias tape. I made the side seams french seams to both enclose the seams as well as use the side seams to give the stop a bit of weight and definition.
here is the back of the shirt, it has a bit of ‘bib’ as well. (sigh. nothing screams ‘get on top of that arm workout’ more than this shot. ugh.)
also, this top is going to join in the fun happening over at made by rae for her spring top sewalong. it’s an inspiring group of sewists making some amazing tops…definitely worth checking out. heck, there is even one more week left…enter something!